SKYRC eFUEL 50A 1200W Switching Power Supply (High Loading)
AC 100-220V model for Worldwide.
Design for all balance chargers, high capacity and loading.
Good to use with charger for 3S-10S+ Li-Po batteries for 450-700 class helicopters. e.g. 22.2V 2000-7000mAh+
How to choose the correct power supply / ac adapter?
- to charge a 3S (11.1V) Li-Po with 1A current, the charger output is 3S x 1A = 3A. Then a power supply of 5A is required.
- to charge a 6S (22.2V) Li-Po with 2A current, the charger output is 6S x 2A =12A. Then a power supply of 20A is required.
- therefore a stronger power supply always allow you to charge the batteries faster!
How to choose the correct charger?
- if the maximum power of your charger is 100W, P= V x I:
- e.g. the full voltage of a 3S Li-Po is 12.6V (4.2V x 3S). If your charging rate is 3.5A, then charger power required is 12.6V x 3.5A = 44.10W
- e.g. the full voltage of a 6S Li-Po is 25.2V (4.2V x 6S). If your charging rate is 4A, then charger power required is 25.2V x 4A = 100.80W (failed!! over charger limit 100W, please reduce to 3.5A)
- therefore if you want to charge the battery faster at higher current ~5A, you will need to get a more powerful charger likes 200W+.
- always use 10% less than the maximum limit to avoid overload & overheat the charger, this can extend the life for your chargers too.