ThunderPower 1430C Single-Port Multi-Chemistry (1-14S, 1000W, Max. 30A per port) Charger
1 - 14 Cell LiPo/LiIon/LiFe, 1-40 Cell NiCd/NiMH, 6-48V Pb, 0.20-30.0 Amp, 1000 Watt Single Port DC Charger/Discharger/Cycler w/Balancer
The TP1430C is a powerful and advanced multi-chemistry charger, discharger and balancing system. With up to 1000 watts of total charging power the T1430C is equipped to charge, discharge and cycle a variety of 1-14S LiPo, LiIon and LiFe (A123) batteries, as well as 1-40 cell NiCd and NiMH along with 6-48V Pb (lead-acid) batteries. The built-in 2-14S LiPo/LiIon/LiFe (A123) cell balancer and included balance connector adapter board are readily compatible with Thunder Power balance connectors and the JST-XH balance connectors found on most other batteries. The TP1430C is capable of charging at rates up to 30 amps offering the ability to charge many of the latest-generation LiPo batteries at ultra-fast rates up to 6C and beyond. Other great features include built-in data monitoring and internal resistance measurement, plus the ability to use a standard USB cable to install future firmware updates available for free download using a standard mini USB cable. Best of all these incredible features are all available at a value that’s hard to beat while being backed by Thunder Power RC’s industry-leading 2-year warranty.
- Powerful 1000W charger, discharger and cycler system with built-in LiPo/LiIon/LiFe (A123) cell balancer
- Includes a balance connector adapter board readily compatible with 2-14S Thunder Power and JST-XH balance connectors
- This powerful and compact single port design charges, discharges and cycles 1-14S LiIon/LiPo/LiFe (A123), 1-40 cell NiCd/NiMH and 6-48V Pb (lead-acid) batteries
- Up to 1000 watts of total power with selectable charge rates from 0.2 amps up to 30 amps for ultra-fast charging
- 12 user-programmable memories plus built-in data monitoring and viewing with internal resistance measurement and more
- Fully-adjustable charge capacity limit (NiMh/NiCd/Pb), per cell end voltage and low voltage cutoff settings to maximize safety, charge and discharge performance
- Wide 12.0-36.0V input voltage range with adjustable input power current limiting to maximize performance and protect power supplies
- Durable and compact aluminum case with dual computer-controlled cooling fans and an extremely easy-to-read blue backlit LCD screen
||Multi-Chemistry Single Port DC Charger/Discharger/Cycler with Integrated Balancer
(40 amps recommended)
||1-14S LiPo/LiIon/LiFe (A123), 1-40 cell NiCd/NiMH and 6-48V Pb (lead-acid)
||Adjustable from 0.2 to 30A
||4mm bullet connector or alligator clips
How to choose the correct power supply / ac adapter?
- to charge a 3S (11.1V) Li-Po with 1A current, the charger output is 3S x 1A = 3A. Then a power supply of 5A is required.
- to charge a 6S (22.2V) Li-Po with 2A current, the charger output is 6S x 2A =12A. Then a power supply of 20A is required.
- therefore a stronger power supply always allow you to charge the batteries faster!
How to choose the correct charger?
- if the maximum power of your charger is 100W, P= V x I:
- e.g. the full voltage of a 3S Li-Po is 12.6V (4.2V x 3S). If your charging rate is 3.5A, then charger power required is 12.6V x 3.5A = 44.10W
- e.g. the full voltage of a 6S Li-Po is 25.2V (4.2V x 6S). If your charging rate is 4A, then charger power required is 25.2V x 4A = 100.80W (failed!! over charger limit 100W, please reduce to 3.5A)
- therefore if you want to charge the battery faster at higher current ~5A, you will need to get a more powerful charger likes 200W+.
- always use 10% less than the maximum limit to avoid overload & overheat the charger, this can extend the life for your chargers too.